Human Resources & Administration
- Daylight Saving Time Ends Nov. 5, 2017: Daylight Saving Time ends on Nov. 5 – clocks “fall back” one hour at 2:00 a.m. Sunday.
- Wireless Issues Following iOS 11 Update: Some users may be experiencing issues connecting to UBC’s wireless network after updating to iOS 11. IT has some tips on how to reconnect.
- Workplace Experiences Survey: What Leaders Can Expect: Next week, the Workplace Experiences Survey opens for all faculty and staff. The survey will be open Wednesday, Nov. 1, to Tuesday, Nov. 21.
- This Halloween, Take Care in What You Wear: If your unit/department will be hosting a Halloween party this year, please keep in mind some considerations about costumes.
- UBC Faculty Pension Plan Board of Trustees Election: Voting is now open for the election of two plan members to serve as trustees on the UBC Faculty Pension Plan Board.
Learning & Career Development
- PD Opportunity: Selection Interviewing (Nov. 21, 2017) – 6 Spaces Left: We have six spaces left in our Nov. 6 session on Selection Interviewing: Ensuring Equity. Register ASAP to sharpen your interview and recruitment skills.
- PD Opportunity: Generating Successful Team Dynamics (Nov. 21, 2017): HR is hosting Generating Successful Team Dynamics on Nov. 21. Register now to improve your knowledge on building solid and productive teams in the workplace.
- Accepting Applications for 2018 Intake for Coaching@UBC Internship Program: Coaching@UBC is now accepting applications for the 2018 intake for the Coaching Internship Program.
Workplace Health & Wellbeing
- Thrive 2017 is Oct. 30 – Nov. 3: Thrive is a mindset and a week-long series of events focused on building positive mental health for everyone at UBC. This year, Thrive Week is Oct. 30 to Nov. 3.
- Flu Clinics (Oct. 31 – Nov. 9, 2017): Free flu clinics will be offered at the Vancouver campus Oct. 31 – Nov. 9, and are open to all students, faculty, and staff.
- Mindfulness@Work Six-Week Program Begins Nov. 7, 2017: Registration is now open for Mindfulness@Work – the six-week in-person fall program begins Nov. 7.