Human Resources & Administration
- Guidelines For Responding to and Investigating Complaints (Re: Policy #95): In connection with Policy #95, University Counsel and Human Resources have issued non-binding guidelines for responding to and investigating complaints, providing advice on how to investigate complaints, assess evidence, and communicate your findings in a fair, timely and confidential manner.
- 2018 Attendance Records Now Available: The 2018 Attendance Records are now available on the HR Forms page.
- Increase in Employer Contribution to the Staff Pension Plan, Effective Oct. 1, 2017: The UBC Board of Governors has approved an increase in the employer contributions to the Staff Pension Plan. Employee contributions remain unchanged.
- Bargaining Bulletin #36 – Wrap-Up and Thank You: On Oct. 10, 2017, Lisa Castle, VP Human Resources, issued Bargaining Bulletin #36.
- October is Cyber Security Awareness Month: October is Cyber Security Awareness Month. At UBC, we are acutely aware of the importance for all faculty, staff and students to take time every day to safeguard our collective privacy.
- ShakeOut BC (Oct. 19, 2017): Get ready for ShakeOut on Oct. 19, at 10:19 a.m. Plan for what you can do when an earthquake strikes, and how you can stay safe.
Learning & Career Development
- PD Opportunity: Conflict Management Series (Oct. 26 & Nov. 9, 2017): HR is hosting two one-hour workshops as part of our Conflict Management series: Dealing with Difficult Personalities (Oct. 26) and Understanding High Conflict Personalities at Work (Nov. 9).
- PD Opportunity: Generating Successful Team Dynamics (Nov. 21, 2017): HR is hosting a one-day workshop on Generating Successful Team Dynamics (Nov. 21).
- Learning with Lynda.com: Listening Mindfully: In this week’s installment of Learning with Lynda, we look at the impact you can have when you give others your full attention, and examine strategies to strengthen your ability to listen without distraction.
Workplace Health & Wellbeing
- 30-Day Online Mindfulness Challenge Starts Oct. 16 – Free for UBC Employees: The 30-Day Online Mindfulness Challenge begins Oct. 16, 2017, and is free for UBC employees.
- Benefits Workshop: Newcomers to Canada: Understanding Canadian Health Benefits (Oct. 18, 2017): HR is hosting a workshop for staff, faculty and post docs new to Canada, on understanding Canadian health benefits.
- Hot Lunch: Oct. 25, 2017: The Staff Hot Lunch on Oct. 25 will feature Deborah Martel, Associate Director, First Nations House of Learning.