Human Resources & Administration
- Stat Holiday Alert: Thanksgiving, Oct. 9, 2017 : This year, the Thanksgiving statutory holiday is Monday, Oct. 9, 2017.
- Preparing for the Workplace Experiences Survey in Faculties/Departments: The 2017 Workplace Experiences Survey will run Nov. 1-21. The Workplace Experiences Survey is the one opportunity that all faculty and staff have to directly share feedback on their experience of UBC as a workplace.
- Bargaining Bulletins: Over the last few weeks, we have had a number of bargaining bulletins relating to IUOE 882’s strike vote, strike notice, and subsequent agreement.
Learning & Career Development
- Conflict Theatre@UBC: How does your team handle conflict? Conflict Theatre@UBC supports employees in developing the skills, embodied knowledge, and attitudes to approach conflict constructively and authentically.
Workplace Health & Wellbeing
- Earthquake Preparedness at UBC: This October, Risk Management Services invites you to focus on emergency earthquake preparedness through two events on campus: the Shake Zone (Oct. 10-11) and ShakeOut BC (Oct. 19).
- October is Ergonomics Month: Ergonomics play an important role in our safety and wellbeing. UBC’s Ergonomics Program has resources & workshops available for all staff and faculty during Ergonomics Month.
- Orange Shirt Day: Recognizing the History and Legacy Left Behind by Residential Schools: Each year we recognize Orange Shirt Day as an acknowledgement of the harm that the residential school system did to thousands of indigenous children. Join us at UBC by wearing orange on Friday, Sept. 29.
- Stadium Neighbourhood Public Consultation: UBC is beginning to plan a new neighbourhood in the area around Thunderbird Stadium. Between Sept. 28-Oct. 22, share your insights with the planning team.