Human Resources & Administration
- Focus on People 2016-17 Benchmark Report: The 2016-17 Benchmark Report examines the employment data for UBC’s workforce, looking at insights and trends in areas that inform the outstanding work environment goals at UBC.
Learning & Career Development
- Learning with Lynda.com: Coaching New Leaders: In this week’s edition of Learning with Lynda.com, we look at how managers of new leaders can position themselves as coaches and focus on supporting a new leader in developing their unique leadership style.
- Coaching Internship Program Information Sessions: Oct. 23, 2017: Coaching@UBC is now accepting applications for the 2018 Coaching Internship Program. Attend our info session on the program on Oct. 23 to learn all about this great opportunity.
Workplace Health & Wellbeing
- Mindfulness Programs at UBC This Fall: If you are interested in exploring mindfulness as a way to increase your resiliency at work, we have two programs this fall: the 30-Day Online Mindfulness Challenge and Mindfulness@Work.
- Register Your Department for the Not Myself Campaign: Sign your department up for the Not Myself Today campaign, a partnership designed to provide departments with ready-made and easy-to-use toolkits for participating in Thrive Week.
- Ergonomics Tutorials in September: We have two free ergonomics training sessions in September at the Vancouver campus: Sit-Stand Desks & Platforms (Sept. 21) and Ergo Your Office (Sept. 27).
- Hot Lunch: Sept. 27, 2017 (feat. Santa Ono, UBC President): This year’s first Hot Lunch for staff will be on Sept. 27 with Prof. Santa Ono, UBC President. Staff are invited to enter a ticket lottery which will close Sept. 18.