Human Resources & Administration
- Stat Holiday Alert: Labour Day, Sept. 4, 2017: This year, the Labour Day statutory holiday is Monday, Sept. 4.
- Compensation Job Classification Reviews Moving to Tuesdays/Thursdays: Effective Sept. 5, our Compensation team will be holding job classification reviews on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Back to School Safety: The fall semester begins next week, and with it comes earlier sunsets and rainy weather. Please share these safety resources with your staff and faculty.
- HR Memos and Bargaining Bulletins: We have a round-up of the memos and bargaining bulletins that have been issued by Human Resources since the last issue of HR Network News.
Learning & Career Development
- Supporting Career Development in Staff at UBC: As part of your role as a manager/administrator at UBC, there is a lot you can do to support your staff with their career and professional development goals. Here are some resources you can share to help staff plan their professional development for the year.
- Professional Development Workshops This Fall: We have a number of professional development workshops available this fall at the Vancouver campus.
- Learning with Lynda.com: Providing Feedback: In this week’s edition of Learning with Lynda.com, we look at providing feedback for improvement in the workplace.
- 2017 President’s Staff Awards (Vancouver campus): We are pleased to announce this year’s recipients of the President’s Staff Awards at the Vancouver campus.
- Staff Welcome Back BBQ: Sept. 14, 2017: Your department should have received the wristbands for the Staff Welcome Back BBQ on Sept. 14. A limited number of wristbands will be available on the day of the event for late registrants who meet the eligibility criteria and have valid UBC ID.
Our next issue will be Sept. 14, 2017.