Human Resources & Administration
- Bargaining Bulletin: Tentative Agreement with the Faculty Association: On June 30, 2017, the University and the Faculty Association reached a tentative agreement.
Learning & Career Development
- Continuing Studies is now UBC Extended Learning: UBC Continuing Studies has been renamed UBC Extended Learning. There is no change to the process for using tuition waivers.
- Learning With Lynda: Writing Under a Deadline: In this week’s Learning with Lynda.com installment, we look at how to stay focused on writing project when under a deadline.
- Practical Project Management: Aug. 14-15: We have a professional development opportunity for the HR community of practice at UBC, a two-day workshop that will provide practical, effective tools, and proven processes for project management.
- Community Leadership Program 2017/18 Information Session: July 31: The Community Leadership Program is holding a lunch-time information session on July 31 for anyone interested in learning about this leadership opportunity.
- Workplace First Aid for Employees at the Vancouver Campus: UBC has a central Mobile First Aid unit for faculty, staff and student employees at the Vancouver campus.
- Office Ergo Rep Training: Aug. 15, 2017: Our Ergonomics program is hosting a three-hour Office Ergonomics Rep training to help those interested in supporting ergonomics in their departments promote, educate and ensure musculoskeletal health with their co-workers.
Community & Engagement
- Staff Welcome Back BBQ 2017: RSVP by Aug. 11: Registration is now open for this year’s Staff Welcome Back BBQ on Sept. 14. Registration closes on Aug. 11.