Human Resources & Administration
- New Entrance & Exit Surveys for Staff and Faculty: UBC has offered entrance and exit surveys for staff and faculty for eight years. To improve participation rates and the quality of information, we have adopted a new approach to these surveys.
- Search for New VP Human Resources: Lisa Castle, Vice President Human Resources, will be retiring at the end of 2017. UBC President Santa Ono has established an advisory committee to support the search process for the next VP Human Resources.
- Reminder: Staff Pension Plan Fair: June 21, 2017: This year’s SPP Pension Fair takes place on Wednesday, June 21, at the Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre.
Learning & Career Development
- Community Leadership Program 2017/18 Accepting Applications; Info Sessions Coming Up: Applications for the 2017/18 UBC Community Leadership Program are open. The UBC Community Leadership Program is an opportunity for emerging leaders to build leadership skills while giving back to the community.
- Learning with Lynda.com: A Tour of the Photoshop Interface: In this week’s Learning with Lynda.com installment, we look at an introduction to Photoshop, part of the Adobe Creative Cloud. Learn more…
- PD Opportunity for the HR Community of Practice: Selection Interviewing: Ensuring Equity: June 27, 2017: We are hosting a workshop on Selection Interviewing: Ensuring Equity, on June 27. This workshop is designed for managers and administrators who have responsibility for the hiring and selection of staff.
- Records Management Training at UBC: The UBC Records Management Office has launched Records Management 101, which all staff are invited to take in order to learn more about electronic records management at UBC.
Workplace Health & Wellbeing
- Upcoming Mental Health Workshops; Resources for Administrators: We have two upcoming mental health workshops for staff and for administrators. If you are interested in hosting a mental health workshop for your unit, we have information on additional course offerings.
- Understanding Your Travel Benefits: June 20, 2017: Learn more about UBC travel benefits (part of extended health benefits for UBC staff and faculty) on June 20. This session will be held at the Point Grey campus, and webcast to DHCC/VGH.
- Ergonomics for the Office: June 28, 2017: Join UBC’s Ergonomics Advisor for a one-hour tutorial that combines a presentation and a practical session with hands-on experience adjusting typical office equipment.
Community & Engagement
- Community Event: Joy of Feeding 2017 at UBC Farm: This year’s Joy of Feeding community dinner will be held on Saturday, June 24, at the UBC Farm.
Our next issue will be June 22, 2017. Missed an HR Network News story? Visit http://www.hr.ubc.ca/hr-networks/ to see our full archive.