Human Resources & Administration
- Stat Holiday Alert: Canada Day (Observed July 3, 2017): This year, the Canada Day statutory holiday will be observed on Monday, July 3, 2017.
- UBC Emergency Preparedness Exercise: June 28: UBC is conducting an emergency exercise on June 28 at Main Mall and Agronomy Road. This will be a practice exercise and will not pose a risk to passers-by.
- Changes to UBC Policy #20: Advertising of Available Employment Positions: The Board of Governors has approved amendment to Policy #20, Advertising of Available Employment Positions. There are a number of changes to the policy, including a new University Diversity Statement.
- UBC Policy Amendments (#18, #24, #95, #126): The Board of Governors has also approved amendments to Policies #18, #24, #95 and #126.
- HR Memo: General Wage Increase for AAPS & Non-Union Groups; General Wage Increase and Economic Stability Dividend Implementation for CUPE 2278: Read the memo regarding the July 1, 2017, GWI for AAPS, CUPE 2278, Executive Administrative, Non-Union Technicians/Research Assistants, Farm Workers, and Research Associates, and the Economic Stability Dividend for CUPE 2278.
- Finance Support Program (FSP) – Online Training Tool for Administrators: Finance has developed an online training program to help with the steps of Staff and Student recruitment and form completion.
Learning & Career Development
- Community Leadership Program 2017/18 Information Session: June 26: The Community Leadership Program is holding a lunch-time information session on June 26 for anyone interested in learning more about this leadership opportunity.
- Rehearsing Conflict: A Forum Theatre Performance: June 29: The UBC community is invited to the final performance of this year’s Rehearsing Conflict program, on June 29.
- Coaching For Personal and Professional Development Information Session: July 10: Coaching@UBC is holding a lunch-time information session on July 10 for anyone interested in learning more about UBC’s free professional coaching services for staff and faculty.
- PD Opportunity for the HR Community of Practice: Appreciative Inquiry: July 28: We are hosting a workshop on Appreciative Inquiry: A Way to Generate and Nurture Effective Work Environments, on July 28.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training for UBC Staff & Faculty: July 10-11: UBC Student Wellbeing is hosting Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) on July 10-11, and faculty/staff who have direct contact with students or colleagues are invited to attend.
- Upcoming Health & Wellbeing Courses: July 2017: In July, two health and wellbeing courses may be of interest: the Learn to Meditate series, and Outdoor Explore Boot Camp.
Our next issue will be July 6, 2017. Missed an HR Network News story? Visit http://www.hr.ubc.ca/hr-networks/ to see our full archive.