Human Resources & Administration
- M&P Compensation Review – July 1, 2017 Implementation: We have information about the second implantation of the M&P Compensation Review, effective July 1, 2017.
- Policy #131 – Sexual Assault and Other Sexual Misconduct: Effective May 18, 2017: Policy #131 (Sexual Assault and Other Sexual Misconduct) is now in effect at UBC.
- New Provost and Vice-President Academic: Andrew Szeri: Professor Andrew Szeri has been appointed as the new Provost and Vice-President Academic, for UBC Vancouver.
- Staff Pension Plan Fair: June 21, 2017: This year’s SPP Pension Fair takes place on Wednesday, June 21, at the Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre.
- Staff Pension Plan Annual Report: 2016 Year In Review : The Staff Pension Plan annual report, 2016 Year in Review, is online.
- Staff Pension Plan: May Newsletter and Annual Statements: The May 2017 issue of the Staff Pension Plan Update newsletter has been released, along with this year’s annual statements.
Learning & Career Development
- Rehearsing Conflict Theatre Workshop Series: June 23-29, 2017: UBC staff and faculty are invited to join us for this year’s Rehearsing Conflict: Theatre Workshop Series, June 23-29. Applications for this free workshop series are due May 31, 2017.
- Learning with Lynda.com: What’s Important to Communicate During Change?: In this week’s Learning with Lynda.com installment, we look at how to prepare a communications strategy to help your change initiatives succeed.
- PD Workshop: In-Powering: Making Sense of Your Talents and Strengths: HR is hosting a one-day workshop, In-Powering: Making Sense of your Talents and Strengths, focusing on helping participants to gain a better understanding of their strengths and how those can be translated to your professional life. The workshop is June 13, 2017.
- Mental Health First Aid Training: Staff and faculty are invited to take part in our next Mental Health First Aid training, to be held at UBC Robson Square, May 30, June 1, 6 & 8.
Community & Engagement
- 2017 President’s Service Awards for Excellence Recipients: We are pleased to announce this year’s recipients of the President’s Service Awards for Excellence.
- UBC Fact Sheet: 2016/17: The UBC Overview & Facts Sheet has been updated for 2016/17.
Our next issue will be June 8, 2017. Missed an HR Network News story? Visit http://www.hr.ubc.ca/hr-networks/ to see our full archive.