Human Resources & Administration
- We have two memos this week:
- UBC Hiring Solutions invites departments to learn about its new staff recruitment assistance, pre-employment testing and reference checking services.
- HR’s Faculty Staff Housing & Relocation Services team is hosting a seminar on Alternative Housing Options, on May 11, 2017, for UBC staff and faculty.
- UBC has been named one of Canada’s Greenest Employers in 2017.
- Victoria Day is May 22, 2017.
Learning & Career Development
- Check out this week’s installment in the Learning with Lynda.com series: Add Annotations During Your Next Presentation.
- HR is hosting a workshop on Time Management: Planning, Prioritizing & Productivity, on May 10.
Workplace Health & Wellbeing
- QPR Training is an internationally recognized suicide prevention program. Our next QPR training session is May 4, 3-5pm.
- Staff and faculty are invited to participate in the Pick Your Peak Stair Challenge, May 15 – June 9, 2017.
Community & Engagement
- The next Staff Hot Lunch session is May 31, with Darran Fernandez, Board of Governors, Staff Representative.
We will be on hiatus on May 11, but will return with a new look on May 25, 2017.
Missed an HR Network News story? Visit http://www.hr.ubc.ca/hr-networks/ to see our full archive.