UBC has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers in 2017. These awards recognize Canadian companies that stand out through their efforts to create inclusive and respectful workplaces.
Why UBC was selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers in 2017:
- UBC offers an Equity Enhancement Fund to support community-based initiatives that enhance equity, diversity, inclusion and cultural understanding at the university.
- UBC hosts an annual “Thrive” week to encourage dialogue and awareness on mental wellbeing and participates in the “Not Myself Today” campaign — additionally, the university offers meditative and mindfulness programs and provides mental health training to faculty representatives.
- In addition to maintaining an on-campus Positive Space campaign for LGBT communities, UBC’s Institute for Gender, Race, Sexuality and Social Justice supports CampOUT, a community-based summer leadership camp to help queer, trans and allied youth develop leadership skills and build self-esteem.
Staff, faculty and students in the UBC community can take part in our renewed Positive Space training at the Vancouver and Okanagan campuses:
- April 21 – 10:00 to 12:00pm, Irving K Barber Learning Centre
- May 16 – 1:00 to 3:00pm, Irving K Barber Learning Centre
Register at http://positivespace.ubc.ca/workshops-vancouver/
We invite those at our Okanagan campus to connect with us to discuss Positive Space training at email@example.com.