In this issue:
Human Resources & Administration
- This year, the Easter weekend statutory holidays will be Good Friday (April 14, 2017) and Easter Monday (April 17, 2017).
- On March 22, 217, we distributed a memo with information on the implementation of the 2016 M&P Compensation Review, including implementation dates and the job families and levels affected by the review.
- You are invited to one of two sessions for faculty and staff to share their campus experiences, on April 5 or 7 (lunch will be provided)
- UBC has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers in 2017.
- The April staff networking Hot Lunch is April 26, and will feature Jeff Todd, Executive Director, alumni UBC and Associate Vice President, Alumni, as speaker.
Professional & Personal Development
- HR is hosting a one-day workshop focusing on Selection Interviewing: Ensuring Equity, on April 19, 2017. This workshop is designed for managers and administrators who currently have responsibility for the hiring and selection of staff.
- There are two Positive Space training sessions at the Vancouver campus this spring.
Subscribe to the Working at UBC newsletter: Get a roundup of what’s new and what’s happening at UBC’s Vancouver and Okanagan campuses, tailored for faculty and staff, delivered to your inbox every two weeks: http://faculty-staff.ubc.ca/faculty-staff/working-at-ubc-newsletter/.
Our next issue will be April 13, 2017.
Missed an HR Network News story? Visit http://www.hr.ubc.ca/hr-networks/ to see our full archive.