In this issue:
Human Resources Administration
- We have a new guide to help you in calculating Statutory Holiday Pay for staff.
- The next stat holiday is Family Day, Feb. 13, 2017.
- Faculty, staff or postdoctoral fellows who have immigration questions stemming from the recent U.S. Executive Order can contact HR’s Manager, Relocation.
- Direct deposit and payroll cheques: all employees must be set up on direct deposit; any payroll cheques will now be mailed to an employee’s home address.
- The waiting period for EI benefits has been reduced to one week, and applies to regular (unemployment) benefits, as well as special benefits for maternity, parental, adoption and compassionate care leaves.
Professional & Personal Development
- Check out this week’s installment in the Learning with Lynda.com series: What is a Social Leader?
- The 30-Day Mindfulness Challengebegins Feb. 6, for UBC staff and faculty looking to incorporate mindfulness into the workplace and in their everyday lives.
Community and Workplace Engagement
- The February staff networking Hot Lunch is Feb. 22, and will feature Andrew Simpson, VP Finance & Operations, as speaker.
Subscribe to the Working at UBC newsletter: Get a roundup of what’s new and what’s happening at UBC’s Vancouver and Okanagan campuses, tailored for faculty and staff, delivered to your inbox every two weeks: http://faculty-staff.ubc.ca/faculty-staff/working-at-ubc-newsletter/.
Our next issue will be Feb. 16, 2017.
Missed an HR Network News story? Visit http://www.hr.ubc.ca/hr-networks/ to see our full archive.