In this issue:
Human Resources Administration
- We have new claim process guides for UBC employees who are applying for long-term disability with UBC’s Income Replacement Plan or Disability Benefit Plan.
- UBC employees can download their 2016 T4 and T4A statements for their tax returns through Self-Service.
Professional & Personal Development
- Check out this week’s installment in the Learning with Lynda.com series: Easily Discover Information About Your Excel Data
- The Equity and Inclusion Office is hosting three Positive Space workshops this spring at the Vancouver campus: Feb. 23, April 21 and May 16.
Community and Workplace Engagement
- Feb. 22 is Pink Shirt Day. Learn about how you can help support bullying-free workplaces and communities.
- The UBC community is invited to comment on a new draft of proposed Policy #131 – Sexual Assault And Other Sexual Misconduct, by March 14.
- Nominations are open for the 2017 President’s Service Award for Excellence and President’s Staff Awards (Vancouver campus). The deadline is March 17.
- The February staff networking Hot Lunch is Feb. 22, and will feature Andrew Simpson, VP Finance & Operations, as speaker.
Subscribe to the Working at UBC newsletter: Get a roundup of what’s new and what’s happening at UBC’s Vancouver and Okanagan campuses, tailored for faculty and staff, delivered to your inbox every two weeks: http://faculty-staff.ubc.ca/faculty-staff/working-at-ubc-newsletter/.
Our next issue will be March 2, 2017.
Missed an HR Network News story? Visit http://www.hr.ubc.ca/hr-networks/ to see our full archive.