In this issue:
Professional & Personal Development
- We have an update on staff PD funds for the remainder of fiscal 2016-2017.
- We have a number of workshops coming up over the next two months to help you pursue Career & Leadership Development, as well as your Health & Wellbeing.
- Do you or your employees need help in up a computer work space? Join us for our free Ergo Your Office Tutorial on Jan. 25.
Community and Workplace Engagement
- The next Welcome Events for New Staff at UBC’s Vancouver campus are Jan. 25 and Feb. 1.
- The January staff networking Hot Lunch is Jan. 25, and will feature Hubert Lai, University Counsel, as speaker.
- Amendments have been approved for the following UBC policies:
- Policy #26 (Designation of Acting Administrative Heads of Unit) and Policies #22, #23, #24, #34 and #43
- Policy #18 (Appointment of Designated Senior Academic Administrators)
- Policy #49 (Pre-Retirement Reduced Appointment Agreements for Staff)
- Policy #113 (Endowment Management)
Subscribe to the Working at UBC newsletter: Get a round-up of what’s new and what’s happening at UBC’s Vancouver and Okanagan campuses, tailored for faculty and staff, delivered to your inbox every two weeks: http://faculty-staff.ubc.ca/faculty-staff/working-at-ubc-newsletter/.
Our next issue will be Jan. 19, 2017.
Missed an HR Network News story? Visit http://www.hr.ubc.ca/hr-networks/ to see our full archive.