In this issue:
Human Resources Administration
- HR has made a change to the job postings for staff jobs, for UBC employee groups paid on a salary range. We have added the maximum to the salary range, where previously only the salary minimum and mid-point were displayed.
- The new professional development funding year has begun for staff and Research Associates:
- April 1 is the start of the new funding year for UBC professional development funds for staff
- The Research Associates Professional Development Fund is accepting expense claims for the April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2018, funding period.
- We have some upcoming professional development workshops for the HR Community of Practice at UBC, as well as staff and faculty.
- UBC IT is hosting Leading Change in a Digital World on April 29.
- The Equity and Inclusion Office is hosting three Positive Space workshops this spring at the Vancouver campus
Community and Workplace Engagement
- The next University-Wide Orientation events for staff at the Vancouver campus are April 26 and June 23, at Cecil Green Park House. Have your new staff RSVP for a spot.
- Workplace Conversations on Recognition: Thank you to everyone who submitted stories about how you recognize and engage staff and faculty in your departments – let’s keep the conversation going!
- The UBC Faculty Pension Plan Forum will be May 25 – Register by May 16.
- The UBC Faculty Pension Plan’s 2015 annual report is online.
- Human Resources and UBC Recreation invite you to join us at Staff & Faculty Sports Day on May 6.
Our next issue will be April 28, 2016.