Are you interested in exploring what leadership means to you and how to build your skills while giving back to your community?
The Community Leadership Program is a professional development opportunity for UBC staff to explore the meaning of leadership through a series of interactive, participatory workshops. Participants will learn to mentor and lead a group of UBC students who are volunteering at a local elementary school during UBC’s Reading Week break in February, 2016. This experiential, hands-on approach to student learning is called community service learning.
CLP is looking for participants who have:
- Interest in engaging project group members in planning
- A desire to gain experience in dealing with uncertainty and changing environments
- A desire to learn about and challenge their views on leadership and community issues
- Interest in working collaboratively with schools or community organizations
- Interest in the difference between guiding and directing teams
Applications Due Sept. 4, 2105