Recognizing the contributions of staff members to the UBC community, five staff have been awarded the 2014 President’s Service Award for Excellence. The PSAE acknowledges staff who have made outstanding contributions to UBC, and excel in their personal achievements.
The winners this year are:
- Paola Baca, Associate Director, Undergraduate Admissions, in Enrolment Services (Vancouver campus)
- Penelope (Lebby) Balakshin, Biodiversity Research Centre Administrator at the Biodiversity Research Centre (Vancouver campus)
- Ken Day, Manager, Alex Fraser Research Forest, Faculty of Forestry (Alex Fraser Research Forest site)
- Erin Shannon, Manager, Academic Support, in Enrolment Services (Okanagan campus)
- Leah Walker, Associate Director, Education, at the Centre for Excellence in Indigenous Health (School of Population and Public Health) (St Paul’s Hospital site)
We will have full citations for the PSAE recipients available this fall.
To learn more about previous recipients of the PSAE, please visit our PSAE Recipients page.