April 2 is National Employee Benefits Day. This year, the focus of National Employee Benefits Day is to increase awareness of retirement, and to help people to actively engage in their financial wellness. Learn more at http://www.ifebp.org/AboutUs/NEBD/.
At UBC, faculty and staff have access to a wide ranging benefits plan that includes:
- medical services plan coverage
- extended health, emergency travel assistance (medi-passport), and dental coverage
- employee and family assistance program
- income replacement program (long-term disability)
- basic life insurance
- optional group life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- pension plan
- leave entitlements (including sick leaves and Supplemental Employment Benefits during maternity, parental and adoptive leaves)
- personal and professional development opportunities, such as the tuition fee benefit.
Check out your benefits by employee group at http://www.hr.ubc.ca/benefits/employee-groups/.
Questions about your benefits? Call 604-822-8111, or email email@example.com.