UBC has been named one of BC’s Top Employers in 2011, for the fifth consecutive year.
“UBC is grateful for the professional and personal achievements of our faculty and staff, and the community they belong to with students and alumni at the University,” said Lisa Castle, Associate Vice-President, Human Resources. “Every day, we are committed to providing a fulfilling environment and mutual respect, as well as encouraging the open exchange of idea and opinions as outlined in Place and Promise.”
UBC was recognized for:
- Our faculty and staff pension plans, as well as our retirement options;
- Maternity leave salary top-up, and access to on-campus subsidized daycare;
- Encouraging faculty and staff work-life balance;
- Supporting employee development through tuition waivers and in-person and online training options; and
- Tuition support and scholarships for the children of faculty and staff.
UBC has almost 20,000 faculty, staff and student employees at our campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna, as well as the distributed medical program, hospital, farm, forest and other locations. We are the largest employer of students in the province of British Columbia, with over 8,000 student employees.
For more information on our people practices, please visit Focus on People.