Applying for Employment Insurance (EI) Benefits: Postdoctoral Fellows (Employees)

Employment Insurance (EI)

You should apply for Employment Insurance (EI) Maternity/Parental Benefits from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) as soon as you know the dates of your leave.

A Record of Employment (ROE) is required for your EI application.  Your Payroll Representative will send your ROE electronically to Service Canada following your last paycheque prior to the start date of your maternity, parental or adoption leave.  You do not need to request a ROE from UBC.

If you would like to speak with someone at UBC regarding your ROE:

UBC Vancouver Staff Payroll Representatives:

UBC Vancouver Faculty Representatives:

UBC Okanagan Staff and Faculty Payroll Representatives:

Applying for Employment Insurance (EI)

Details on applying for Employment Insurance Maternity/Parental Benefits can be found on the Service Canada website.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.