By Human Resources Communications on April 23, 2019
Access Your Group Benefits through the Sun Life App
The my Sun Life Mobile app is a convenient way for UBC plan members to connect to their group benefits through their mobile devices. The app offers instant access to all your health and vision care benefit information and allows you to submit your claims using your phone.
Why use an app when I can access Sun Life from my desktop?
Visit mysunlife.ca from your desktop computer, and you’ll find a full range of services, information and tools. You’ll also be able to update your contact and banking information.
The my Sun Life Mobile app offers more specific services, information and tools to help you when you’re on the go. You can:
- Submit and view your recent claims
- Review your coverage information: medical, vision, drug, health spending account, and disability
- Search for a healthcare provider near you
- Discover the latest deals, special offers and opportunities to save on your vision and/or medical equipment purchase
- Use the drug look-up tool to find out how much of your prescription drug costs are covered
- Access your coverage card, drug card and medical card. If you have an iPhone, you can even include these in your Apple Wallet.
That’s so convenient. How do I get the Sun Life app?
Visit my Sun Life Mobile app to download the appropriate version of the app for your device.
Support at Your Fingertips with the My EAP App
When you need health information or help, the My EAP app can give you immediate, confidential and secure access to your Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP/EAP) – anytime and anywhere.
Morneau Shepell is UBC’s EFAP/EAP provider, and their award-winning My EAP app offers interactive support tools and expert information for work, health and life issues that can impact you and your family.
Here’s what you can do with the My EAP app:
- Book a service using the Online Access platform or First Chat, which allows you to connect with a counsellor for immediate support
- Access counselling services through First Chat or log in for E-Counselling, where you can exchange written messages with a counsellor in a secure online portal
- Discover Morneau Shepell’s library of expert health and wellbeing articles
- Watch informative videos, access assessment tools, and enrol in online programs on topics such as financial planning, smoking cessation, stress management and retirement planning
I like being able to access health and wellness supports while on the go. How do I get the My EAP app?
Visit Morneau Shepell’s My EAP Mobile Device Application page for more information and to download the free app. (Note: Please enter “University of British Columbia” as your organization to access the page.)
Do you have questions? Contact the Health, Wellbeing & Benefits team at email@example.com.
By Human Resources Communications on November 2, 2012
Android and other smartphone users with an internet connection can now access my Sun Life Mobile.
The my Sun Life Mobile web app makes it possible for Android and other smartphone users with an internet connection to submit medical and dental claims online, view information about recently submitted or processed claims and access drug and travel cards and interactive financial planning tools to learn more about saving for a brighter financial future. Try the demo online to see the details of the mobile experience.
Android Users: Access my Sun Life Mobile at m.mysunlife.ca. Simply put the URL in your phone’s browser and you’re on your way to fast and easy claims submission.
By Human Resources Communications on March 3, 2012
Sun Life has launched my Sun Life Mobile, a free app, which is among the first of its kind in the Canadian insurance industry, making it easier for plan members in Canada to connect with Sun Life – anytime, anywhere.
With the mobile app, plan members can:
- Submit medical and dental claims for automatic processing – an industry first – and receive payment into their bank accounts within 48 hours
- View information about recently submitted or processed claims
- Access their drug and travel cards
- Access interactive financial planning tools to learn more about saving for a brighter financial future
Take a look at the my Sun Life Mobile demo and download your free app!