The holiday season is typically one of the busiest travel times of the year. If you’re planning to take a trip outside BC or Canada, remember to review your travel coverage before you leave. Knowing the facts about your existing travel insurance – what is and isn’t covered – can help you make an informed decision on whether you might need additional coverage.
You can also register to attend a free, upcoming information session to understand your travel benefits through UBC’s Extended Health plan. It’s a great opportunity to get answers to your questions, such as:
- Should I purchase additional travel insurance?
- What is my UBC coverage while travelling?
- What is the maximum amount I can claim?
- Am I covered by other plans?
- What if I am pregnant or have a pre-existing medical condition?
- What are the exclusions and limitations?
Understanding Your Travel Benefits Information Session:
Vancouver Campus | Register now
Okanagan Campus (videoconference) | Register here
For more information:
Visit the Benefits While Travelling website for more information about your travel benefits, including:
- Being Prepared Before, During and After Your Trip
- Benefits Coverage While Travelling for Leisure or Work
- Emergency Medical Coverage
- Travel-related FAQs
You can also access the following previous issues of Benefits FYI, where we answer many of your travel benefits questions:
- Navigating Travel Benefits: Answers to Your Top 5 Questions (Apr. 2018)
- Should I Purchase Additional Travel Insurance? (May 2017)
Do you have questions? Contact the Health, Wellbeing & Benefits team at email@example.com.