In support of UBC’s commitment to workplace health and wellbeing, Human Resources is bringing back a popular professional development opportunity for UBC faculty and staff.
Developed at Google and founded in neuroscience, Search Inside Yourself (SIY) is a training program that uses emotional intelligence and mindfulness to optimize performance, build leadership skills and increase wellbeing.
The SIY program consists of:
- 2-day, in-person, cohort-based training taught by SIY-certified instructors (Jan. 14 and 15, 2019 at UBC Vancouver)
- Lunch and refreshments for the in-person training
- 4 weeks of follow-up exercises, content and cohort conversations via email (approx. mid-January to mid-February)
- 1-hour debrief session via webinar to integrate learning, answer questions and provide direction going forward (approx. late February)
Who can register:
- Open to all staff and faculty at UBC Vancouver and Okanagan (please note that Okanagan staff and faculty will need to arrange for their own travel and accommodation for the course duration).
Cost and registration:
- Cost: $50 per person (eligible for PD funding)
- Registration deadline: January 4, 2019
- Spots are limited and are filled on a first come, first served basis. Register now!
What last year’s participants had to say:
- 98% would recommend the SIY program to a colleague
- 85% felt more confident when having difficult conversations
- 88% reported increased ability to remain calm in challenging situations
- “The neuroscience information was insightful and the exercises and practices were interesting enough to consider implementing in my everyday life.”
- “I learned that having more compassion towards others and self is a great way to show leadership, to step up and to be more valuable.”
For more information, including program benefits and what’s included in the cost of the program, visit the Search Inside Yourself webpage.
Do you have questions? Contact the Health, Wellbeing & Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org.