Thank you for thriving with UBC! Thrive 2017 was a huge success: from October 30 to November 3, over 100 events were hosted across the UBC Vancouver and Okanagan campuses. To see how our campus communities thrived this year, visit the Thrive Instagram, Thrive at UBC Facebook site, or check out the #LetsThriveUBC hashtag.
Thrive Week has come to a close, but positive mental health is something that we can continue to build throughout the year. According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, mental health is the capacity of each and all of us to feel, think and act in ways that enhance our ability to enjoy life and deal with the challenges we face. It is this affirming sense of emotional and spiritual wellbeing that respects the importance of culture, equity, social justice and interconnections, and personal dignity.
Here are some ways UBC supports you so you can thrive all year long:
- Learn about the physical, mental and nutritional programs and resources available to you;
- Understand and utilize your UBC Extended Health benefits;
- Find out how to support colleagues who are experiencing challenges;
- Promote mental health and wellbeing resources to your students.
- Integrate practices that promote wellbeing into your teaching environments; or
- Explore the many workplace health supports on campus.
Keep using the Thrive website to explore other ways you can thrive:
Look for upcoming wellbeing activities and learning opportunities for faculty and staff at UBC Vancouver and UBC Okanagan.
- Search Inside Yourself Training Program – Register by January 5, 2018
- Save the Date: Annual Travelling Health Fair – February 2018
- Free online virtual health assessments
- 30 Day Mindfulness Challenge and Mindfulness@Work programs – February and April 2018
- Save the Dates: Annual Health Assessments – February 15 and 16, 2018
Photo: Philippe Roberge