We are excited to announce that two units in UBC’s Department of Human Resources in Vancouver have merged. The Benefits and Health Promotions units are now Health, Wellbeing and Benefits. Health, Wellbeing and Benefits includes health promotions, benefits and relocation programs.
We continue to develop and deliver health and wellbeing initiatives, and provide relevant tools, resources and information to support a productive and progressive work culture that cultivates wellbeing, resilience and commitment while being responsive to the personal and family needs of faculty and staff.
We are here to help with:
Your UBC Benefits (Vancouver and Okanagan)
- Medical Services Plan
- Extended Health and Dental Care
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Basic and Optional Life/Optional Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Income Replacement Plan/Disability Benefit Plan
- Tuition Fee Benefit
- Travel Benefits
- Retirement and Survivor Benefits Program
- Benefits FYI Newsletter
University Health and Wellness Initiatives (Vancouver)
- Healthy UBC Newsletter
- Promoting positive mental health on campus with Responding with Respect Training and activities during UBC Thrive Week
- Monthly lunch and learns on various health and wellness topics
- Outreach activities, such as the Travelling Health Fair
- Semi-annual funding for health and wellness activities to Departments under the Healthy Workplace Initiatives Fund
- Corporate discounts for fitness and yoga passes
- Breastfeeding-friendly spaces
- Annual flu clinics
- Assistance to employees and their Departments during the Income Replacement Plan/Disability Benefit Plan claims process
Your UBC Leave Provisions (Vancouver and Okanagan)
- Leaves of absence, including sick leave and top-up benefits during a maternity, parental or adoption leave
Relocation (Vancouver and Okanagan)
- Eligibility for relocation assistance
- Guidance on relocation policy, processes and procedures
For More Information
For more benefits information (Vancouver and Okanagan), please visit: www.hr.ubc.ca/benefits.
Health and Wellbeing
For more health and wellbeing information in Vancouver, please visit: www.hr.ubc.ca/health.
Health Promotion in the Okanagan is offered through the UBC Okanagan Human Resources Department. For more health and wellbeing information in the Okanagan, please visit: hr.ok.ubc.ca/health.html.
For more relocation information (Vancouver and Okanagan), please visit: www.hr.ubc.ca/relocation.