|Page name:||Review Applicants|
|Purpose:||This page provides access to applicant information to interview team members via self-service. Information includes the Resume/CV, education and work experience (if filled in electronically), questionnaire responses, and reference information.|
|Primary user:||Interview Team Members|
|Workflow:||None on this page|
|Used for staff:||Yes|
|Used for faculty:||Yes|
- Since this feature is in self-service, only UBC employees can access these pages.
- All applicants, routed to you by your departmental recruiter and where you have been identified as an interviewer, are listed on this page.
- Click the View Applicant hyperlink to drill into applicant data.
- Click the Job Opening ID hyperlink to view the applicant list, application details, and resumes/CVs submitted.
- Click the View Job Posting/Ad button to see a copy of the job posting/ad.
- Your departmental recruiter may release your applicants in phases. Each time this happens, you will receive an email advising you that you have more applicants to review. If you do not wish to receive these emails, uncheck the Email Me When New Applicants Apply check box. Note that this action applies to each individual job opening, not globally to all job openings.
- Each of the columns is sortable. Click any column heading to sort the applicant list.
Drilling into the Job Opening ID Hyperlink
- The second Review Applicants page lists all applicants who have applied for your job, sorted by surname.
- Various fields appear which are fairly self-explanatory.
- The Open Resume/CV button will launch a secondary window to display the resume/CV the applicant uploaded. If this button is grey and inaccessible, this means the applicant did not submit a resume or CV.
- If the button is available but nothing happens when you click the Open Resume/CV button, the problem is likely due to a security setting in your browser:
- Your browser’s pop-up blocker is turned on.
- Your browser security settings need to be adjusted.
- The Resume/CV is in docx format (Word 2007), and you are using an earlier version of Word. To view the resume in docx format, you must download the 2007 Compatibility pack.
- Use the Having trouble opening Resume/CV Attachments hyperlink to get more detailed help.
- Printing a single resume/CV: Print a single resume/CV by clicking the Open Resume/CV button, then clicking the print icon on the secondary window which opens.
- Printing multiple resumes/CVs: Print bulk resumes/CVs by selecting the resumes/CVs you’d like to print using the check boxes or the Select All hyperlink. This will launch a secondary window which contains all the resumes/CVs you selected, combined in one single document. You can save this document or print directly from the secondary page.
- The View Application hyperlink is described below.
- The Application Reviewed check box may be used to keep track of which applicant you have reviewed. A date/time stamp appears in the next column when you select this check box.
- The My Ranking text box may be used to enter a ranking or comment about the applicant. Only you will be able to see this comment.
Drilling into the View Application Hyperlink
- This page summarizes the information provided by the applicant in the online application and provides an area for interview team members to enter and share comments about each applicant.
- The Personal Information section provides the name, ID, preferred method of contact, primary phone number, email address, and home address, and indicates whether the applicant is a Canadian citizen. Most of the fields are mandatory for the applicant to provide; some are not (contact & address).
- The Applicant Information section includes the date the applicant entered the information in the online application, and the applicant’s highest education level (mandatory for faculty jobs).
- The Education section displays degrees the applicant has earned, issue date, and school information (mandatory for faculty jobs).
- The Work Experience section displays work experience provided by the applicant. Most typically, applicants leave this blank and include it in their resume.
- The References section is displayed for applicants applying for faculty positions only. It displays information about their reference(s). Clicking the View Contact Info hyperlink displays the phone number and email address of the reference.
- The References/Referees Letters Received section (used primarily for faculty positions) displays if reference letters have been received and uploaded to the system. Click the document icon to view a reference letter in a secondary window. If the document doesn’t open, refer to the Drilling into Job Opening ID section above for troubleshooting tips on opening document attachments.
- The Applicant Questionnaire section contains the View Responses hyperlink. Clicking this hyperlink takes you to a page showing the results of a short mandatory questionnaire regarding employment and immigration status.
- The last section, Interview Team/Selection Committee Comments, lets you enter public or private comments about each applicant. Public comments are visible to all interview team members. Private comments are only visible by you. Note that both public and private comments about an applicant may be disclosed in accordance with the terms of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.