|Module:||Manage Applicants and Openings|
|Page name:||Manage Applicants|
|Purpose:||This page is used for the following purposes:
|Workflow:||None on this page. However, this page gives you access to the Prepare Job Offer page. There is workflow on the Prepare Job Offer page.|
|Used for staff:||Yes|
|Used for faculty:||Yes|
The main Manage Applicants page (also known as the 360 page) is used to orchestrate many applicant actions. From here, you can short list, download an applicant list into Microsoft Excel, schedule interviews, make offers, and prepare an applicant for hire.
The Manage Applicants page has two main sections:
- Row of hyperlinks under the job opening summary
- Applicant list
Row of hyperlinks
- Manage Applicants
- The Manage Applicants hyperlink appears on many of the Manage Applicants pages. No matter where you are, if you click this hyperlink, you return to the main Manage Applicants page (this page).
- Interview Schedule
- As you start to process your applicants, you may decide to schedule interviews. This is done via the “Take Action” field in the Manage Applicants section of the page. Click the Interview Schedule hyperlink to see which interviews have been scheduled.
- Job Opening Details
- Once a job opening is created, the Job Opening Details hyperlink provides the only access back to the job opening. You may need to do this to check approval status, make corrections for re-approval, add interview team members, etc.
- Add New Applicant
- If you receive paper applications, you can add them to your electronic applicant list by clicking the Add New Applicant hyperlink. If the applicant is an existing UBC employee, you will need the applicant’s employee ID number.
- Download Applicant List
- Click the Download Applicant List hyperlink to download an applicant list into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. The Excel report contains key information for all your applicants. Save the report and add your own information to it.
- A posting must be closed before you can process your applicants.
- You can process applicants as follows:
- Process a single applicant using the “Take Action” field available in the rightmost column for each applicant.
- Process several applicants simultaneously by clicking the check box in the leftmost column for each applicant, and then selecting the “Group Action” box at the bottom of the applicant list.
Note that both of these methods provide similar features. In addition, the “Take Action” pull-down list is numbered in the order that you would normally process an applicant. However, it may be appropriate to skip some steps. For example, you may read some resumes and decline an applicant without short listing them and setting them up for interviews.
- Each action takes you to a different page where you can perform the action selected. All actions, except #7-Prepare For Hire, bring you back to the main Manage Applicants page when you are done.
|Check Box||Y||Use this to check box to select applicants for group actions. The group action feature, at the bottom of the applicant list, allows you to take action on several applicants simultaneously.|
|Priority (Staff Only)||Y||The priority in which you should process your applicants. This is very important when processing applicants for unionized positions. If relevant (see the appropriate collective agreement for you job opening), process your applicant list according to the priorities displayed.
Tip: Click the What do priority numbers mean? hyperlink for more information on priority numbers.
|CDN Citizen||Y||Indicates whether the applicant is a Canadian citizen. This information is supplied by the applicant.|
|Applicant Name||Y||The name supplied by the applicant (last name, first name).|
|ID||Y||Each applicant is assigned an ID, which is unique to the job opening. This means that if an applicant applies to more than one job opening, the applicant will have a different applicant ID for each one.|
|Current Relationship With UBC||Y||Y||The relationship of the applicant to UBC. This can be used in conjunction with the priority field to determine applicant interview priority.|
|Disposition||Y||Y||The status of each action. This must be used when updating offers that have been pushed back.|
|Resume/CV||Y||If the applicant uploaded a resume or CV with the application, a small icon appears here. Click the icon to open the resume or CV.|
|Last Updated||Y||The last date and time this applicant was updated through a “Take Action” event, or a change in Disposition.|
|Take Action||Y||1-Route/Short List Applicant
All shortlisted applicants become available to the interview team in Self-Service (myRecruitment box).
4-Prepare Job Offer
7-Prepare For Hire
Override Current Relationship
|Comments||Y||The departmental recruiter can add comments about each applicant (i.e., ranking number).|
|Save||Click this hyperlink after each action is performed and the hyperlink is visited (only if you updated information or added data).|
|Return to Previous Page||Click this hyperlink to return to the search page used to select the current job opening.|
Other Helpful Resources
- Step by step instructions with screen shots
- FAQs for opening Resumes/CVs
- FAQs for Recruiters
- Recruiting for Administrators
- Phone for assistance at 604/822-8139